We care about your privacy
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information that alone or in combination with other information in our possession could be used to identify you (“Personal Information”) as follows:
Personal Information You Provide: We collect the following categories of Personal Information from you when you:
- Identification Information: We collect your name, email address, phone number, mailing/billing addresses, and government identification documents (i.e., your driver’s license, passport, or state identification card).
- Financial Information: Our payment processor(s) will collect the financial information necessary to process your payments, such as your payment card number and authentication details. Please note, however, that we store only a tokenized version of such information and do not maintain payment card information on our servers.
- Biometric Information: When you verify your identity through the Service, our identity verification provider may collect a photo of your face and use facial geometry data derived from that photo to verify your identity.
- Communication Information: We may collect information when you contact us with questions or concerns and when you voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or requests for market research seeking your opinion and feedback. Providing communication information is optional to you.
- Commercial Information: We may retain a history of the products you browse and/or purchase using the Service.
- Demographic Information: We collect your age, gender, and income level.
- Social Media Information: We have pages on social media sites like Instagram, Facebook, Medium, Twitter, and LinkedIn (“Social Media Pages”). When you interact with our Social Media Pages, we will collect Personal Information that you elect to provide to us, such as your contact details. In addition, the companies that host our Social Media Pages may provide us with aggregate information and analytics regarding the use of our Social Media Pages.
Internet Activity Information: When you visit, use, and interact with the Service, we may receive certain information about your visit, use, or interactions. For example, we may monitor the number of people that visit the Service, peak hours of visits, which page(s) are visited, the domains our visitors come from (e.g., google.com, yahoo.com, etc.), and which browsers people use to access the Service (e.g., Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, etc.), broad geographical information, and navigation pattern. In particular, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
- Log Information: Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site. Log Information includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Site.
- Device Information: Includes name of the device, operating system, and browser you are using. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
- Usage Information: We collect information about how you use our Service, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency, and duration of your activities.
- Location Information: We collect your location information through the App using your device IP address, WiFi, Bluetooth, and GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude/longitude) of your mobile device. If you have given the App permission to access your location, we will collect your device’s location only while you are using the Service and store your location history. If you want to opt-out of the collection of your Location Information, please adjust your settings in your mobile device to limit the App’s access to your Location Information.
- Email Open/Click Information: We use pixels in our email campaigns that allow us to collect your email and IP address as well as the date and time you open an email or click on any links in the email.
Personal Information We Process on Behalf of Our Business Customers: In order to provide the Service, we may collect certain Identification Information related to your employees, and customers or end users . Through those connections, we may receive Personal Information about employees and customers of our business customers that such business customers make available to us. We process that information pursuant to our Terms of Service and other agreements with our business customers. We have no direct relationship with the individuals whose Personal Information we process on behalf of our business customers. If you are such an individual and would no longer like your information to be used by one of our business customers that use our Service or you would like to access, correct, or request deletion of your information, please contact the business customer that you interact with directly.
On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off. Please see the links below for guidance on how to modify your web browser’s settings on the most popular browsers:
Please note that if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site and you may not be able to benefit from the full functionality of the Site.
If you access the Site on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through the settings.
- HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide the Service and connect service providers to customers and end users;
- To respond to your inquiries, comments, feedback, or questions;
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Service and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
- To analyze how you interact with our Service;
- To maintain and improve the Service;
- To develop new products and services;
- To prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of our Service, and to ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture, and networks; and
- To comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or other third parties.
Marketing. We may use your Personal Information to contact you to tell you about products or services we believe may be of interest to you. For instance, if you elect to provide your email[ or telephone number], we may use that information to send you special offers. You may opt out of receiving emails by following the instructions contained in each promotional email we send you. You can also control the marketing emails and/or text messages you receive by updating your settings through your account. In addition, if at any time you do not wish to receive future marketing communications, you may contact us. If you unsubscribe from our marketing lists, you will no longer receive marketing communications but we will continue to contact you regarding management of your account, other administrative matters, and to respond to your requests.
- SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Simplia does not sell your Personal Information. In certain circumstances we may share the categories of Personal Information described above without further notice to you, unless required by the law, with the following categories of third parties:
- Vendors and Service Providers: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions, we may share Personal Information with vendors and service providers, including providers of hosting services, cloud services, and other information technology services providers, email communication software and email newsletter services, advertising and marketing services, payment processors, customer relationship management and customer support services, and analytics services. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process, or store Personal Information in the course of performing their duties to us. We take commercially reasonable steps to ensure our service providers adhere to the security standards we apply to your Personal Information.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider (collectively a “Transaction”), your Personal Information and other information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the Transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that Transaction along with other assets.
- Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Service, or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
- Other Users: certain actions you take may be visible to other users of the Service. For example, your posts will appear in other users’ feeds and your profile information will be accessible to other users. You acknowledge that by sharing posts or adding information to your profile you make the information shared available to other users and that Simplia cannot control, and shall not be responsible for any use other users make of such information.
- DATA RETENTION
- CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS DISCLOSURES
Where provided for by law and subject to any applicable exceptions, California residents may have the right:
- To know the categories of Personal Information that Simplia has collected about you, the business purpose for collecting your Personal Information, and the categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected;
- To access the specific pieces of Personal Information that Simplia has collected about you;
- To know whether Simplia has disclosed your Personal Information for business purposes, the categories of Personal Information so disclosed, and the categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed your Personal Information;
- To have Simplia, under certain circumstances, delete your Personal Information;
- To instruct businesses that sell Personal Information to stop doing so – Simplia, however, does not sell Personal Information; and
- To be free from discrimination related to the exercise of these rights.
If you would like to exercise any or all of these rights, you may do so by calling 310-340-7901 or email@example.com. After we receive your request, we may request additional information from you to verify your identity. Your authorized agent may submit requests in the same manner, although we may require the agent to present signed written permission to act on your behalf, and you may also be required to independently verify your identity with us and confirm that you have provided the agent permission to submit the request.
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site that are California residents to request the categories of Personal Information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the year preceding the request, the names and addresses of such third parties, and, in certain circumstances, examples of the products or services marketed by such third parties. These requests may be made once per year. To make such a request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at:
10801 National Blvd. Suite 500
Los Angeles, California, 90064
Our Service is not directed to children who are under the age of 18. Simplia does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 18. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 18 has provided Personal Information to Simplia through the Service please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
You use the Service at your own risk. We implement commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and organizational measures to protect Personal Information both online and offline from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Service or e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Information to Simplia via the Internet. In addition, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service, or third party websites.
- INTERNATIONAL USERS
By using our Service, you understand and acknowledge that your Personal Information will be transferred from your location to our facilities and servers in the United States.
- YOUR CHOICES
In certain circumstances providing Personal Information is optional. However, if you choose not to provide Personal Information that is needed to use some features of our Service, you may be unable to use those features. You can also contact us at email@example.com to request updates or corrections to your Personal Information.
- CONTACT US
10801 National Blvd. Suite 500
Los Angeles, California, 90064